After telling you a bit about avocado I will give you 3 simple and effective natural homemade avocado hair mask recipes, so if you are here for just avocado mask recipes feel free to scroll down a bit. We all have heard an earful of good things about avocado – eat it, put it on your skin, put it in your hair, on your nails and so on and so on. But let’s be honest, do you even know what avocado is and what it is made of and why it is good for you? Well, I’ll be honest, I didn’t really know the answer to this question, so I started my studies into learning all about the magic of avocado.
So here are some facts about avocado
- I always thought that avocado is a vegetable, but turns out its not it’s a fruit. It grows on trees and also is called ‘alligator pear’. Actually, avocado is a big ass berry containing a single seed, who knew right?
- Avocado is full of vitamins it contains vitamins A, C, D, B-12, B-6, folic acid, magnesium, iron and calcium. And surprise, surprise it makes avocado perfect for healthy skin and hair. Being rich in vitamins makes it a good source of anti-oxidants that is why it helps protect the skin from damage caused by sun, smoke, and pollution and the same goes for the hair.
- 60% of the fat in avocado is monosaturated and it contains no cholesterol. These unsaturated oils in avocado are in the second position after olive oil which also is known for its wonderful impact on skin and hair. Scientists believe that these healthy fats help to maintain the water level in your skin and hair and supply’s it with the fats that keep the bricks and mortar of the skin healthy. This translates into less itchy, healthy-looking, glowing skin and hair.
- Avocado contains omega-3. Omega-3 is good for your joints, skin, vision, brain, heart, helps lower bad cholesterol levels and even boosts fertility. Omega-3 is a well-known anti-ager and an anti-inflammatory.
- Avocado gives you shiny hair. Your hair needs proteins and healthy fat to keep it healthy and shiny and avocados is one of the good sources for healthy fats, omega-3, as well as biotins (vitamin B). Also, avocado helps your hair grow faster, prevents hair split ends, helps to get shiny and soft hair, moisturizes and revitalizes the scalp.
Ok, now enough of theory about avocado, let’s put it in use with these
My favorite and the best 3 homemade avocado masks
Avocado – banana hair mask for dry hair.
Deeply moisturizes your hair and gives you back your natural hair gloss. Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 1 ripe avocado, 1 tbsp. olive oil and if you want your hair to smell better you can add your favorite essential oil such as orange, jasmine, rose etc. Not that without essential oil your hair will smell bad though. Don’t worry about that. Process: Blend together avocado and banana till it’s in paste with no lumps and then stir in the olive oil and essential oil. Wet your hair and apply the mask onto your hair, paying extra attention to hair ends. Put your hair together and let the mask sit for at least 15 minutes you can leave it in longer if you wish.
Note! Also, while the mask is in your hair you can cover your hair with a shower cap it will help you to avoid making a mess and also the mask will sit in better.
Note! While applying every hair mask, massaging your scalp is very important and very healthy for your hair because it stimulates blood flow and increases hair thickness.
Avocado – egg yolk mask
for hair volume, growth, tresses conditioning, hydrating and softening.
Ingredients: 1 egg yolk and ½ ripe avocado.
Note! The amount of ingredients can change depending on your hair length and volume so just add more or less and just keep the proportions of ingredients the same. For example, if you have longer hair, for this recipe just use one whole avocado and 2 egg yolks etc.
Process: You can just blend together the avocado and egg yolk or blend and whisk them separately and then mix them together till they form a paste with no lumps. Damp your hair with water, and then apply the hair to your hair. Massage the mask gently into your scalp for few minutes. Let the mask sit for about 15-20 minutes or longer if you desire.
Note! While applying every hair mask, massaging your scalp is very important and very healthy for your hair because it stimulates blood flow
Avocado – olive oil mask for dry, frizzy hair.
Ingredients: 1 ripe avocado, ¼ cup of steel-cut or rolled oats, 1/8 to 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 cup of milk.Process: mash the avocado till it forms a paste without lumps then add other ingredients. Apply this mask onto your dry hair. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
Note! After applying any natural self-made hair mask, I advise you wash it out with water and then to wash your hair with shampoo and condition your hair as usual.